Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dr. Christie

When I first logged on to Dr. Christie's site, I clicked on the link titled Classes and found it to be very informational for teachers. It talks about how the Internet is a very important tool for teachers as it can connect them to their students as well as parents. My favorite point that was made was, and this is my wording, throw out the "paper and pencil" as the ultimate source of acknowledging how much the children have learned. Don't rely on it so much...Multimedia tools can help children learn to gain knowledge, and even apply their knowledge, in a variety of ways because not every one's learning methods are identical. THIS HIT HOME! As a "hands on" learner, I wish that I would have had teachers and tools like this when I was in school!

I feel that by incorporating as many tools as possible into the classroom only doubles your success rate! It can make children learn and enjoy it...the "Head Fake!"
When you begin to explore these ideas on this site, and you get under the Educational Technology site, you can get links on most of the tools to use such as digital cameras, etc..You can make art not just about seeing pictures in a book for your class to see. You can log into Bill Gate's Bil Gates' Art Warehouse. Is that not amazing?!!!

One of my biggest goals as a teacher is to make learning fun, new, and exciting. I want my students to be knowledgeable of whatever I am teaching and I want to learn to use new and exciting tools to MAKE them remember what they've learned forever! This is a great way to do it. Plus, like what we've talked about in Microcomputing as well as our other education classes, technology is advancing rapidly and we must teach our students as early as possible to get on board. Also, the best way to teach is to lead by example. By me logging on to the Internet and showing them that with the click of a button, I can take them to Bill Gate's art gallery, I would hope it would show them that the possibilities and the learning tools available to us are now endless.

Dr. Christie's Educational Portals page is full of useful links for teachers all the way to senior year of high school. With our current and new to come teachers having sources available, their is no excuse for not incorporating technology into our daily learning. When you look at the Apple Education K-12 link, it gives you several ideas and ways to do this. So what is stopping us? As a teacher, I hope that I continue to use technology to not only help me learn, but to help me teach as well. Now the Apple site is, of course, going to want to boost it's equipment, but as I was reading on this, I learned about i-tunes U...which I had never heard of before. (Quoted from the site because there is really no "re-wording" this,) "Teachers can also find digital curricula and professional development podcasts, both from state departments of education and from university education programs. So just like that, your teachers have access to plenty of new ideas." So no...there is no longer limitations to what I as a teacher will be able to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment